GoPro Labs launches firmware program
GoPro has announced the release of a special GoPro Labs firmware program that unlocks innovative and experimental features for advanced users of GoPro cameras.
The program supports HERO9 Black, HERO8 Black, HERO7 Black and GoPro MAX cameras. New features that will become available include:
● Camera Motion Triggers that leverage the camera’s accelerometer and/or gyroscope to
start/stop capture only when the camera is in motion, preserving storage and battery.
- USB Power Triggers that equip GoPro cameras to start/stop capture when USB power is detected, enabling USB-triggered functions like serving as a dash cam.
- Motion Detection is now supported in all video modes, with the latest version including 360° motion detection on MAX, with improvements to the sensitivity range.
- Simplified Live Streaming QR Code enables users to program their GoPro got start live streaming within seconds of being connected to a designated Wi-Fi network.
- Single-Setting/One-Button Mode that ensures the operator can only start/stop capture, making it impossible to accidentally change camera modes. Perfect for simplified use and new users.
- New Exposure Modes enable users to set timed exposure lock and minimum shutter speed settings.
- New QR Code Controls which are supported in 5K and HindSight capture for HERO9 Black cameras.
The new GoPro Labs firmware is available to download for HERO9 Black, HERO8 Black, HERO7 Black and GoPro MAX at GoPro.com/Labs.